So, looking back, here's my latest Top Ten List of Things I Learned at #ACUC
10. I'm very glad that Bill Cheney is head of CUNA. His keynote and breakout session with the Crashers prove he understands the need to be more clear on a unified vision for credit unions and he and his wife are very hands on with CU initiatives. Can't wait to see what CUNA will release by the end of the year.
9. Cooperative Trust has really got this YP thing moving. There were a great group of YPs working together all week to come up with a solution to serving the underserved. Every idea, thought, joke was greeted with forthright acceptance, interest and humor. Makes it easy since we were all brilliant, clever and hilarious.
8. I'm a fantastic salsa dancer
7. Meg Ryan was actually in Top Gun despite @itsjustbrent and my insistence this wasn't the case (the bar scene in top gun was filmed at a bar across from the hotel).
6. San Deigo is a beautiful, fun city. I want to go to there (again).
5. CUs must be concerned about sustainability, or as more commonly referred to as the triple bottom line. This will be a more and more critical differentiator and right in line with CU values.
4. I apparently can use twitter as my notes...and I took a lot of them.
3. We need to be aggressive with our message and stand behind it. Check out the UK's Cooperative Bank's ad with it's message combining financial services and sustainability.
2. We need to reach out to the underbanked. They have a unique set of problems and needs and with estimates of $88 million Americans falling into this category, it makes for a very valuable market. Crash the ACUC was focused on this issue and with the help of a lot of great folks came up with the Tru Account, which we will pilot with a willing credit union shortly.
1. Filene, CUNA, CUNA Mutual ae all great partners for CUs and YPs. Thank you for all your support.